Peggy McLean and Alison Fox Mazzola
“Wow, the way my child is learning math is different from how I was taught in school. How can I help them?”
Come learn more about how research has changed the face of math education. Develop tools for supporting your child and experience math activities you and your child can do together.
Session 1 – Parents Only
• Overview of Learning Theory
• Development of mathematical understanding
• Guided hands-on practice with Math Kit
• Preview of activities + resource handout
Session 2 – Parent/Child Teams
• Child and parent move through stations based on interest and level of understanding
• Parents practice adapting activities to their child assisted by presenters
• Teams explore a wide variety of mathematical tools
Participation is limited to 25 parent/child teams.
Cost: $195 for one parent(s)/child team
(*additional child, same family, 2nd-5th grade, add $75)
Includes Math Kit with assorted manipulative materials + three math books ($125 value).
To maintain the value of the experience, participants are limited to parents and one child 2nd-5th grade. No siblings please*.
Please register for our workshop by filling in the form to the left. After you are done, please use the "Pay Now" button to submit your payment. Thank you!
Alison Fox Mazzola,
Peggy McLean, firstname.lastname@example.org